Educonnect Media (World) Private Limited, at “Edunews.com” (hereinafter Edunews), are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any “Personal Information” you share with us; should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using any of our websites, mobile sites, mobile app, etc. (hereinafter ‘Platforms’), then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This Policy is subject to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ of the platforms.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE WEBSITE:
We collect information about you or your usage to provide better services to all of our users. We may collect the following information:
- Many of our services require you to register / sign up for an account on Edunews. When you do, we will ask for personal information, such as, but not limited to your name, email address and telephone number to create/ update your account.
- To provide you additional services, we may collect your profile information such as but not limited to educational background, work experience, date of birth, etc.
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them such as, but not limited to log information and location information.
- When you communicate with Edunews to communicate with other members (such as advertisers, colleges/ institutes, etc.), we collect information about your communication and any other additional information to provide best security incompliance of the law.
- You may supply your Personal Information to us when communicating with us via social networks and other online channels, e.g. through your Facebook identity.
- We do not collect Personal and Sensitive Information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities or incompliance of law and judicial orders.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Edunews may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Our automated systems analyse your content to provide your customized search results, recommendations and specific promotions and offers.
- Send alerts and newsletters or notification on admission process and entrance tests. Users can anytime unsubscribe from the service.
- Improving our website and its content to provide better features and services.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purpose and promotions.
- Show casing the client base.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information, including Personal Information to third party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information and services. Edunews does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties unless such transfer is required for providing relevant services or for legal purposes.
- We may share your information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of terms of services of Edunews platforms, or as otherwise required by law.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ‘EDUNEWS’ under confidentiality agreements. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The website also stores data other than the content which provides information on personal identity in the form of IP (Internet Protocol) and cookies. It henceforth comes under the category non personal identifiable data which also includes search history, queries submitted, education interests, date and time, domain, advertisement response. The website can also use a conversion pixel to track the user behaviour on our leads collection form as it is an intact part of our business. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use our platforms.
PRIVACY OF USERS BELOW 18 YEARS OF AGE
The website is not designed to attract users below 18 years and thus the company does not intend to keep data of the users below the specified age. We will delete the information as soon as we find any such kind of information.
- Edunews.com shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure of any information concerning the user’s account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards/debit cards and/or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed or used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise. Edunews does not store any credit/debit card details.
- Any other information shared by you which is not asked by Edunews during registration, either mandatorily or optionally; accounts to wilful furnishing and Edunews will not be liable for breach of such information.
- Edunews is not responsible for any information posted on social media sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. Edunews is only responsible for its own use of personal data received through such sites.
Edunews reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come into effect from the date of such update, change or modification on our platform.
2nd Floor, City Corporation Commercial Complex
Mallikatte, Kadri, Mangaluru – 575002
Email: [email protected]