This policy outlines the following:-
1. Registration and Eligibility
2. Use of Platform
3. Restriction regarding Materials
5. Our Rights
6. Limitation of Liability
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
8. Refund and Cancellation Policy
Registration and Eligibility:
- Although parts of our platform may be visited by any visitor, you will need to register as a member if you wish to contribute or use any of our community features.
- To register as a member, you should be competent to enter into a valid binding contract as per the applicable law. If you are under the age of 18 years, you must be accompanied by the guardians and their consent permission in writing before registering on our platform or taking part in any online discussion.
- You agree that any information which you provide to us about yourself after registration or at any other time shall always be true, accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- When you register to use our platform, you will be asked to create a username and password. You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password, and will be entirely responsible for all liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use (or misuse) or your password; regardless of whether such use or misuse is with or without your knowledge or approval or consent.
- We have the absolute discretion to cancel your username / password at any time if we suspect it being used by an unauthorised.
Use of Platform:
1. The purpose of this platform is to help students get details, discover and research on colleges, courses and exams of their interest and for allied services related thereto. The platform and the services and the products offered via the platform are meant for only legitimate and lawful uses which fall within the scope of the purpose and are meant only for the exclusive use of the lawful citizen.
2. You must ensure that any content that you submit to our platform:
- Does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights.
- Does not breach any applicable law.
- Is not defamatory, profane, sexually or racially offensive or discriminating, harassing, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading or otherwise objectionable in our opinion or under any law.
- Does not disrupt the online community in our platforms.
3. You agree that you will not use our platforms:
- For commercial purposes or to obtain financial gain without our prior written consent.
- To send chain letters, junk mail, ‘spam’, business or bulk communications of any kind.
- To advertise a company, product or service or any educational establishment except under the terms of a written advertiser’s agreement that we have entered into with you.
- In a way that might reasonably be expected to cause another person’s computer systems and / or their communications network to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient.
- To obtain personal information from users from anyone if such information is gathered deceptively.
- To obtain passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
- To attempt to impersonate another user.
- To harass, threaten, or intimidate any user.
4. You will be responsible for logging out from your registered account at the end of each session on our platform.
5. If you are a visitor, you agree not to obtain unauthorised access to areas of our platform reserved for members.
Restriction regarding Materials:
- All information, documents, software, images, photographs, text, services and other similar materials, (collectively materials) contained in this Platform if provided by Company or its third party authors, developers and vendors and are capable of being so protected are the copyrighted work of Company and /or the Third Party Providers. Except as stated herein, none of the materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior express written permission of Company or the Third Party Provider. No part of the Platform, including logos, graphics, sounds or images, may be reproduced or retransmitted in any way, or by any means, without the prior permission. You also may not, “mirror” any materials contained on this Platform on any other server.
- Company is committed to respecting other’s intellectual property rights, and we ask our users to do the same. Company may, in its sole discretion, terminate or restrict the access rights of users who infringe or otherwise violate other’s intellectual property rights.
- If you post content which is found to be in breach of these terms, we reserve the right to deactivate your username and password or your usage to particular portion of platform made disabled or refrain.
- We have the right in our absolute discretion to alter, edit, remove, suspend or refuse any content without notice, if we consider that the content is objectionable or violates these terms or for any other reason.
- We may preserve or disclose the content and your personal details as well as any content to any third party if such disclosure is necessary: under law or to maintain the style of the platform on the website or to respond to claims that our platform infringes or restrict the right of any party.
- We may suspend or terminate your access to our platforms at any time if you breach any of these terms.
- We have right to be indemnified from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of, relating to or resulting from your use of the platform including but not limited to information provided by you or any other matter relating to the platform.
Limitation of Liability:
- Except as required by law, we will not be liable for any direct losses or damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or for any reason.
- Except as required by law, we shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages or loss of profits or profits of data, goodwill or revenue. To prevent the loss of visitor it is highly recommended that all information available on the website must be verified before taking it into consideration.
- Edunews.com declares that it will not be used to propagate any malicious or harmful software so in any case of program loss or system damage, the website can’t be held responsible.
- Edunews.com is not liable to any loss caused due to the external links available on the website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
These terms shall be governed by the laws of Republic of India. The exclusive forum for any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms shall be a court of law located in the jurisdiction which falls under the head office at which “edunews.com” locates. If you use this Website from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws including but not limited to the export and import regulations of other countries.
If any dispute arises between a user / users and company arising out of use of the Platform or thereafter, in connection with the validity, interpretation, implementation or alleged breach of any provision of these terms, the dispute shall be referred to a sole arbitrator who shall be an independent and neutral third party identified by the company. The place of arbitration shall be the jurisdiction to which the “edunews.com” is located.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Amount paid towards products purchased will neither be refunded nor adjusted under any circumstance. Our customer service team would be available to address any concerns related to the product and services rendered by us. Also we have full right to consider and review the refund case if the amount paid by the user is in excess to the number of application he has applied to. We have complete authority to review the college preferences as filled by the user if there is shortfall / excess of payment. Any pending amount to be paid by the user will need to be paid before the deadline for the application to the college has been reached. Any payment received after that may not result in acceptance of the application as a valid entry by the college. Edunews cannot be held liable for the same and no refund will be entertained in such cases.
For any clarification please contact us at: [email protected]
In case of any grievances related to content on the Platform you may contact us by approaching us at [email protected]